1/29/12

little diamonds in the rough

i keep trying to remind myself that even though things aren't going the way i want them to, that i am lucky nonetheless.

there are days when i surprisingily think to myself... 'i wish i could back track to 2010 because it was the best year of my life'. how funny that one of the best years of my life so far was the year following a very difficult break-up. but i had to learn to stand on my own. to validate myself and not need it from anyone else. to sort out my problems and sorrows on my own, instead of putting all my weight on another person.

anyways, the point is... not everything is falling into place exactly how i wish they would. but... i have a steady, pretty much full-time job. i have a roof over my head, and food in my belly (thanks to my mom, now mostly vegetarian/organic food, which i'm sure is a pain in the ass and more expensive, but she supports me regardless). i have endless amounts of clothes... nice clothes, i might add. i have two adorable, and crazy, cats that i get to come home to every day. i have awesome friends, regardless of the fact that we all have our own adult lives now with growing responsibilities that keep us from seeing eachother as much as we'd like. i have a wonderful, intelligent, sensitive, goofy, supportive, loving, and incredibly handsome (i might add) boyfriend, who i know loves me deeply and for the first time, i feel safe while being in love... which isn't easy for me.

last but not least, i am the daughter to the most incredible mother. a mom who loves me unconditionally. a mom who compliments me every day. a mom who is proud of me, regardless of the fact that i am not pursuing a career in the field i went to school for... she's just proud of the person i am, and that is more important. a mother who brings me food at work all the time, because i'm too much of a spoiled, lazy brat to get up earlier in the mornings or take the time at night after work to make my own lunches/dinners. a mom who is always trying her best to understand me and the things i go through daily. a mom who, as i mentioned previously, is broke, but not too broke to spend money on food for her newly pescetarian daughter. i could go on and on... (i love you mom).

not everything is always perfect... but i need to remind myself now and again that i AM lucky.



1 comment:

  1. I'm currently going through the exact same thing and I love this post! I can relate a 100%!
    Colette

    ReplyDelete