12/13/11

a new year, a new me

so, i would usually agree that new years resolutions are complete bullshit. we all start off the year vowing to lose weight, stop smoking, or whatever other cliche promise to ourselves... but no one ever commits to them. i'm going to make mine really simple.

1. i want to stop using derogatory words and terms such as: fag (i obviously do not use this in a hateful or discriminatory way towards homosexuals, more so as a joke nick name for some of my friends... nonetheless, it's wrong), pussy/dick (using body parts to describe someone in a negative way), gay, tranny (i do not use this anyways, but i will include it), retarded, or any racist word (such as the n word, spic, chink, etc.)

2. i've recently decided that i would like to ease my way into pescatarianism. i would like to say that i'm going full-fledged veggie, but i really can't live without sushi. i don't eat much red meat as is, and i won't eat pork at all... so cutting that out of my diet should be somewhat easy aside from when i have it in pasta. but instead of that i will just make pesto sauce, which will be more nutritional anyways considering it is made from basil leaves. cutting chicken out will be a little bit more difficult, especially considering it's just me and my mom here... and she isn't willing to change her diet. she prepares dinners and such, so it's not so much that it will be harder, because she will literally just be feeding me vegetables instead of having to cook some kind of meat for me... but will have to take one chicken breast (or whatever kind of meat) out of the freezer and keep the rest in there.

3. i need to get a move on when it comes to school. i've said it a billion times before, but recently i have been reading more into my program and looking at different colleges. my next step is going to be making an appointment with an advisor of some sort at the bank and discussing student loans/line of credit. i'm really excited and motivated to get this going now. i would really love to be back in school, learning about something i love and taking a step towards my future.

4. i need to get my driver's license. seriously. i finally REALLY have a reason to get it, what with seth being an hour away (driving, not by bus... which is anywhere from an hour and a half to three hours). what's even better is that i've recently discovered that even though my G1 expired, since i already went to driving school and all of that, when i redo my G1 test... i don't have to wait at all to get my G2. i will be waiting, because i need to get back into the swing of things, and i may even take a few more driving lessons to feel more comfortable, but i don't have to wait a year or anything, which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment